Question

How to properly separate the name when transferring?

• 21 December 2020
  • 12 replies

Hi!

I have a problem importing a name from AmoCRM to ActiveCampaign.

Both there and there are First Name and Last Name fields, but when importing there is only one entity — Contact Name.

Sometimes First Name in AmoCRM consists of two words. See screenshot #1. It is so necessary. In Russian names, this is the Middle Name.

And I need to transfer this to ActiveCampaign in the same way. But on transmission, the second word from the First Name is moved to the Last Name field. See screenshot #2.

Please tell me step by step how to solve this problem.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Check out this help article for the Formatter app (Split Text): https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-use-formatter-functions#using-split-text

I read this article.
I am not an English speaking person.
I am asking you to give me a specific step-by-step solution specifically for my case.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @Yuriy ,

can you maybe share how this would look in your Zapier interface? I think we can easily solve it with Split Text as @Troy Tessalone pointed out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I suggest using Google Translate to translate the help article: https://support.google.com/translate/answer/2534559?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0

Screen

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Ok. It works the following way.

You choose “Formatter by Zapier” as Action after the Step you show in your screenshot. Use as an action event “text”:

In the next screen you should do the following:

For transform: you should use split text

for Input: you should use the field “Contact Name”

For Separator: you should do nothing (It is space by default)

For Segment Index: you should use “All as separate fields”

Now, in the next steps you have not only the full contact name, but every single name available and can distribute it in your next action.

Ok. It works the following way.

You choose “Formatter by Zapier” as Action after the Step you show in your screenshot. Use as an action event “text”:

In the next screen you should do the following:

For transform: you should use split text

for Input: you should use the field “Contact Name”

For Separator: you should do nothing (It is space by default)

For Segment Index: you should use “All as separate fields”

Now, in the next steps you have not only the full contact name, but every single name available and can distribute it in your next action.

This does not work

Have you watched this?

I don't need to do everything as separate fields, I need to keep 2 + 1 and not 1 + 2

I have THREE WORDS, and the final fields are only TWO.
Therefore, I need to transfer in a 2 + 1 scheme as it is in the original system

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @Yuriy,

when you separate the fields as described you have three separate words this is true. However, you can freely put these words together afterwards as you wish. You can create one big word out of the three separated words, you can show all words separated and you can of course also show one word separated from the other two. I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Yuriy!

This is made trickier by the fact that there will sometimes be a middle name and other times there will not be one. One thing you could do is use Paths in your Zap:

Path #1

One path would be for when there is a middle name and would have a filter that checks to see if Output Item 3 exists (meaning there was a first, middle and last name):

Then in your action step you do something like this:

Path #2

The other Path would check to see that Output Item 3 does NOT exist and only continue when that’s the case:

The action step for this path would simply be like this:

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Yuriy, we just wanted to check in! Was @nicksimard’s suggestion of using Paths helpful in getting you to your desired outcome? Let us know - we want to make sure you’re good to go here!