Best answer

How to prevent Zap from running for updated ActiveCampaign leads again?

• 28 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,

I’ve set-up a link between Active Campaign and Asana. The flow basically goes as followed.

A new lead fils in a form which will get him in to an active campaign flow. Based on a tag that these leads will get there will be created a task in Asana for me to complete.

Whenever I mark this task as completed, Zapier adds a tag to this lead within active campaign which pushes him further in the automation. 

However, when a task is marked as completed. And the tag in Active Campaign is given, Zapier sees this as a new task, and it will end up in my Asana to do list again. So there will be a continuous loop of tasks, which is far from ideal. 

Here are some screenshots.

This is the trigger from Active Campaign to Asana. which works, but is looping

This is the trigger from asana back to Active Campaign which works correctly. An account will get the right tag when a task is competed.

P.S.

I’m using typeform to get the leads in to Active Campaign.

Hope you guys can help me.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 28 February 2022, 16:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TJ D 

In AC, the same Tag can be applied multiple time to a Contact.

Perhaps you need a Filter step in a Zap to check if a Tag already exists: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for the tip! I’ll have a look in to it right now!