Question

How to pass source/medium from Google Analytics into Google Sheet?

I want to pass ‘source / medium’ data every time someone submits a form via WPForms and add it to a Google Sheet but I’m not sure how to do this.

My current workflow looks like this:

1. WP form submit
  2. Format some lead data
  3. Create new row in spreadsheet where spreadsheet info includes
    1. Name / email address from WP Form
  4. Draft an email to lead in Gmail

I want to modify this workflow so that Step 3 also includes ‘source / medium’ from Google Analytics so that I can keep track of where leads are coming from. A goal is set up in GA for lead submission based on events.

1. WP form submit
  2. Format some lead data
  3. Create new row in spreadsheet where spreadsheet info includes
    1. Name / email address from WP Form
    2. Source / medium for each lead submitted
  4. Draft an email to lead in Gmail

Can anyone help?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @richholmes84 

Good question.

Check out this help article from WPForms: https://wpforms.com/how-to-use-google-analytics-to-track-form-submissions-in-wordpress/

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @richholmes84 what data are you already being sent from WPForms? There are options to install third party analytics if you are not already getting sent that info pertaining to source per lead, which ideally would then allow you to map it in your Zap. I am curious to see what we can come up with here 🤔

In the article linked above, you are recommended to buy and install a third party plugin. If you are feeling more tech savvy and comfortable working with a little bit of code, this article(How To Track Form Submissions Without A Plugin) will walk you through implementing a snippet of code directly into your site. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 Certainly check back and let us know if you need any further assistance or if you’ve come up with a solution!