Question

How to optimise this Zap to transfer automatically invoices to Google Drive?

• 7 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello Everyone,

Like many people, I thought that using a zap who was going to take attachments (invoices) to my accountant’s Google drive was a good idea.

But the truth is that most companies DON’T send invoices directly attached to their emails. You have to fetch them on their website and download them manually, so the zap is useless 90% of the time.

How to solve this?

Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community, @Enguerrand! 👋

Do the companies send emails to you with a link to download the invoices? If so, are the links publicly-accessible? Meaning that you don’t need to be logged in to download the invoice - see Send files in Zaps.

If so, I’d have thought that you could use New Email (Email Parser) trigger to parse out the invoice download link from the emails, and then follow that up with an Upload File (Google Drive) action to upload the invoice. If you’ve not worked with Email Parser before I’d recommend checking out this guide: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails

Do you think that approach could work here? If not, are you able to adjust your account/invoicing settings for each company to have a copy of the invoice emailed to you? Not sure what companies you’re being invoiced by so can’t be sure how viable that would be, but thought it worth suggesting just in case that’s possible for some of them at least.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Hello @SamB thanks for the reply.

Most of the companies ask to login on their websites to download invoices there. Is there any automation that could work in that case?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me @Enguerrand. 🙂

I’ve done some digging and it seems like you might want to use an app like Axiom.ai. From looking at their website, Axiom appears to have the ability to automate actions like scrolling, clicking buttons etc. on websites so I’m thinking maybe you could use it to download the invoice and email the invoice.

I’ve not tested it out myself so can’t 100% confirm that it would definitely be able to send the downloaded file via email to the Zap. But may be worth exploring Axiom and other “browser bots” to see whether they’re able to carry out the necessary actions to download the file and send it to a Zap.

Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on with this, keen to know how you get on!