Skip to main content
Question

How to obtain file links In Google Drive (not shared URLs)?

• 11 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello 

I’m building a Zap where I order a product for my customer off printful and want to send an email with the image used and a mockup file. 

Trigger: When x form is filled out (includes uploaded file to be used in printful order). 

Test results show an api link. 

Action...n: Take above api link and create public URL (lasts max 6 hrs shubspot rules]).

Action: Create new public URL (from api link above, action from HubSpot). 

(I don’t want to use this URL incase it expires and the photo doesn’t show in the email anymore. If you know this won’t happen once the email is delivered lmk.)

Action: Upload file to Google Drive. 

Action: Make shareable public link.

Action: Send email to client (Gmail) with links in attachments. 

Problem: I used Google Drive shared links, but they don’t show in attachments. 

I know there are two kinds of links for hosted files 1. The shared link file path (like in Google Drive). 2. The actual file link of the hosted content (I’m unsure of this name). 

Question: 

Does Google Drive provide the actual file URL (not shared link), if so, what is the name for it in Zap action test results?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @align432YOGA 

Check out this related topic for guidance:

https://community.zapier.com/general%2Dquestions%2D3/attaching%2Dgoogle%2Ddrive%2Dfiles%2Dto%2Dgmail%2D4778