Can anyone help with trying to accomplish the following:
- I have a folder in my Dropbox called “Sort”
- every week I get a PDF file that i need to save in a couple different places.
- I have a zap setup that once I save this file to sort, it then moves to the places i need.
- My ask is this:
- i save the file called abc.pdf to “sort” folder. In one of the places it goes, I would like to change the name of the file to be 8.pdf as the 8th file in that folder. ie. i have file 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf….7.pdf already there.
- Is there a way to count the number of files in the folder so that when this file goes there it gets saved as “count+1”.pdf??
Best answer by Troy TessaloneView original
You’d likely have to leverage the Dropbox API for that: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/http/overview
Storage by Zapier may be another option: https://zapier.com/apps/storage/integrations
Or you can try to keep a log of these files in a GSheet or Airtable to then reference in order to determine how many files are in a given Dropbox Folder in order to be able to relabel the uploaded files correctly.
NOTE: Unless you query the Dropbox API somehow to derive the number of files in a folder, there’s a chance the increment value could become off, for example, if you deleted a file from the folder.