Question

How to mark off rows in Google Sheet that have been emailed with Zapier?

• 26 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Hey all,

I’ve been given a task to help me learn Zapier (I’m brand new at this)
I believe I’ve figured it all out with the exception of one step.

I have a Google Form which is adding information to a Sheet (like name, email and a couple of questions to determine the quality of a lead)
I need to get Zapier to help me assign a rating, pull the name and email from the sheet and send an email.

So, the Sheet is the trigger. This will run any time a new row is added to the sheet. 

The problem I’m running into is that I also need the sheet to be updated to indicate which of the contacts have been sent the email. 

Everything else seems to be working fine. I’ve been searching this forum, the Zapier site, youtube and chatgpt and can’t seem to find the right step to get my zap to mark off which rows have been emailed. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction or help me learn this step?

Please let me know if you’d like me to provide more info. 

Thank you in advance. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MWB2 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Thank you Troy. 

I don’t know if this looks crazy or makes sense but here’s what I’ve got so far…

Please let me know if you need me to open any other steps and screenshot those!

Thank you @Troy Tessalone 

Step 2 is only there now because I’ve been experimenting, trying to get the “emailed?” column filled when the automation runs. I don’t think I’m going in the right direction with it. I’ve tried a few different ways and this step is not working. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MWB2 

How is Step 3 configured?

Sounds like you need to map the Row/ID from Step 1 to the Row field in Step 3.

Then set a static value for the Column you are trying to update.

Probably don’t need the Formatter as Step 2.

@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MWB2 

Try using this Zap action: GSheets - Update Row

Not the plural/multiple version.

The Row field expects a # as indicated by the 123 icon.