Skip to main content

I have multiple fields in Hubspot that are multiselect. Think Product lists of 7 products and our team picks any that the customer is buying (quite often they’re selecting 2+ products every time). I have a corresponding field in Jira with the same options. I can get the fields to map and transfer over the data when it’s a record where only 1 product is selected, but I’m missing something on how to map it when more than 1 product is selected. How do I get Zapier to communicate to Jira for each option that needs to be selected on a multiselect field?

Hi @adietz 

Can you post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types?

Hi @Troy Tessalone, here’s some screen shots to hopefully help. 

I setup a Zapier table with the custom field ID that matches each Product v2 option, but this is what it’s spitting out into Jira.

@adietz 

What about how Zap steps 4-5 are configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types and field mappings?

Step 4, we’re looking up the custom field ID from the Zap Table. It’s only seeing the one product, so I’m probably missing something here to have it look for both.

​​​

Step 5: I reference the ID it found for products 

And it just pulls in the 1 product. 

@adietz 

If you are trying to handle 1+ possible Program Products, then you may have to do this logic…

• Action: Looping
  • Action: Delay - After Queue
    • This is to make sure the Looping iterations process in order and spaced out
  • Action: Jira - Find/Create Issue
    • Use: Jira - Find Issue
      • There should be an option to create an Issue if not found.
        • So the step becomes a Find/Create Issue
  • Action: Filter
    • Continue only if FOUND = TRUE
      • Indicates an existing Jira Issue was found in the previous step
  • Action: Jira - Update Issue
    • Update the Issue with another Program Product

Thank you @Troy Tessalone ! This is fantastic information! I really appreciate the find/Create issue advice! If you can’t tell this is my first zap, so I’m still not getting it. Here’s where I’m at right now: 

I had the find record working and returning the first value previously, and then I somehow removed it and had to re-add, and now I can’t seem to get anything. So here’s my configuration screenshots on the Zapier Table:

and it’s returning this:

I know I need to add in the remaining components you had suggested, but I’m pretty sure I have lost my mind on this one, so any help you can provide, I’d greatly appreciate.

@adietz 

You don’t want to use the Preview Variable from the Looping step per the Looping help link: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Hi @adietz 👋

Did you manage to get rid of the error by selecting the Products V 2 field instead of the preview loop values version of it? 

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please keep us updated on how things are going. Happy to help if you need any further assistance at all! 🙂

Hi @SamB and @Troy Tessalone 

I was able to get rid of the error, but it’s still not delivering both selections into the field in Jira. The last run I tried, it updated a completely unrelated issue instead of creating a new one. I clearly have something either out of order or extra.

Here’s the latest:

Step 4:Create Loop - this looks right as it’s seeing 2 loop values

1. Find Record - documentation said the tests only show 1 option, so I’m assuming this is ok 

2. Delay after queue - this is what I put for this one. I’m a little concerned because I need to add loops for other multi-select fields once I figure out how to do this, and the other fields have lots of options (think all US states), so if it’s delaying a minute after each loop iteration, it’ll take over an hour before the results ever show up in Jira, which isn’t ideal unless I’m missing something here
  3. Filter Conditions - I put this in because I assumed that we had to tell the zap that the loop is done and it can spit out results

4. Find issue (and create if not found) - the test looked ok, but it’s only populating the one product

1. Filter conditions - 
  2. Update Issue

Hi @adietz 

Try removing the Step 7 Filter as that only lets 1 Loop iteration happen, which is the last loop iteration.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks! I did that. It looks like it worked, but it’s creating 2 issues in Jira - 1 for each product in the loop. How do I get it to merge on to 1 issue?

Thanks for keeping us updated here @adietz. Sorry it’s creating a product for each on in the loop!

Hmm, I wonder if it’s the Find Issue (step 😎 that’s creating additional products if one isn’t found. 🤔 Is the issue that’s created by the Find Issue action in the first loop the same issue that you want each subsequent loop to update? 

If so, is the value that the Find Issue action is searching for change in each loop? You can check the Zap history to compare recent runs for the updated HubSpot deal—there will be a separate run for each loop. If the value changes, that might be why multiple issues are being created instead of updating the one created by the first loop. To fix this, make sure the Find Issue action looks for the same value in each loop, so it finds the right issue and prevents extra issues from being created.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Hi @SamB, Thanks for your response. It’s looking for the same issue in each subsequent loop. The deal name in Hubspot is used to create the issue summary in Jira, and the find is on the issue summary.

From the zap history, it looks like it’s creating the issue, and then updating it with the same values. Wouldn’t it halt if it had found the issue instead of moving to the update step?

Thanks for getting back to me on this @adietz 🙂

It’s looking for the same issue in each subsequent loop. The deal name in Hubspot is used to create the issue summary in Jira, and the find is on the issue summary.

Very strange that it’s still creating a new issue despite the search being exactly the same. The Delay After Queue action should be preventing the issues from being searched for and created at the exact same time so there must be something else going on. I think it would be best to reach out to our Support team so they can check the logs to see if they’re able to determine what’s causing that to happen. You can get in touch with them here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

From the zap history, it looks like it’s creating the issue, and then updating it with the same values. Wouldn’t it halt if it had found the issue instead of moving to the update step?

Hmm, it looks like the filter would continue if it finds a value in the selected Key field which it would always do, regardless of whether the issue was created or an existing issue was found.

If you want the Zap to only continue if an existing issue is found then you’d want the filter to check the Zap Search Was Found Status field instead:
68d07eff519a1a665b495b4a9469eb6c.png
That field will contain a value of true when an existing issue is found and a value of false when it’s not. 

Want to ensure this gets sorted so please let us know how you get on with this!