Skip to main content

I have multiple fields in Hubspot that are multiselect. Think Product lists of 7 products and our team picks any that the customer is buying (quite often they’re selecting 2+ products every time). I have a corresponding field in Jira with the same options. I can get the fields to map and transfer over the data when it’s a record where only 1 product is selected, but I’m missing something on how to map it when more than 1 product is selected. How do I get Zapier to communicate to Jira for each option that needs to be selected on a multiselect field?

Hi @adietz 

Can you post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types?

Hi @Troy Tessalone, here’s some screen shots to hopefully help. 

I setup a Zapier table with the custom field ID that matches each Product v2 option, but this is what it’s spitting out into Jira.

@adietz 

What about how Zap steps 4-5 are configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types and field mappings?

Step 4, we’re looking up the custom field ID from the Zap Table. It’s only seeing the one product, so I’m probably missing something here to have it look for both.

​​​

Step 5: I reference the ID it found for products 

And it just pulls in the 1 product. 

@adietz 

If you are trying to handle 1+ possible Program Products, then you may have to do this logic…

• Action: Looping
  • Action: Delay - After Queue
    • This is to make sure the Looping iterations process in order and spaced out
  • Action: Jira - Find/Create Issue
    • Use: Jira - Find Issue
      • There should be an option to create an Issue if not found.
        • So the step becomes a Find/Create Issue
  • Action: Filter
    • Continue only if FOUND = TRUE
      • Indicates an existing Jira Issue was found in the previous step
  • Action: Jira - Update Issue
    • Update the Issue with another Program Product

Thank you @Troy Tessalone ! This is fantastic information! I really appreciate the find/Create issue advice! If you can’t tell this is my first zap, so I’m still not getting it. Here’s where I’m at right now: 

I had the find record working and returning the first value previously, and then I somehow removed it and had to re-add, and now I can’t seem to get anything. So here’s my configuration screenshots on the Zapier Table:

and it’s returning this:

I know I need to add in the remaining components you had suggested, but I’m pretty sure I have lost my mind on this one, so any help you can provide, I’d greatly appreciate.

@adietz 

You don’t want to use the Preview Variable from the Looping step per the Looping help link: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help