Question

How to map custom checkbox data from Eventsforce to a Salesforce picklist using Zapier?

• 22 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Am very new to Zapier so any help would be appreciated.

I have an integration setup from Eventsforce to Salesforce, which is working apart from where I am struggling mapping a couple of fields because of the format. In Eventsforce we have custom checkboxes to capture if an attendee wants to hear about a topic area of interest e.g A fairer start.

This information is being pulled from Eventsforce using a Custom Registration Data Key and Custom Registration Data value, see below.

What I am struggling with is how to pass this information to a Salesforce.

Do I need to connect the Key and Value together to ensure that the mapping is correct especially if the order of the list changes in the Event registration page for any future events
My field in Salesforce is a picklist so if they tick the box I need to then be able to pass ‘Yes’ as the value as it is marked as ‘true’ in the value.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Emma P 

Here’s a related guide that provides guidance on how to handle the arrays of items to create custom variables to map.

Thanks for the guide. I have got the information in the correct format but am hitting another block in the fact that depending on how many options are selected on the event form, means they have a different output item when using the utility function e.g sometimes output item 4 might be health if they have not ticked education. Is there some magic that can be done to make sure that these are fixed so when passed to Salesforce the mapping is always correct

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Emma P 

We would need to see screenshots with how each Zap step is configured to have context.

So it begins with when a new attendee registers for an event in Eventsforce

In Eventsforce have the following questions

•  
  • To obtain the correct information to pass I am using the ‘Utilities’ function as suggested by the guide

Running a test then gives me this:

• Accesibility becomes output item 1
  • Dietary requirements output item 2
  • But depending on what is then selected the output items number assignment could be different every time
  • If I map the output item directly  to the field in Salesforce when creating a Lead, I am not always passing the correct value

So I need a way to ensure that the mapping is correct every time i.e dp health true is mapped to A Healthy Life (Eventsforce)

Thanks for your help with this. Salesforce is my every day so getting to grips with something new is a challenge

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Emma P! 👋

You’re super close on this, it just looks like you’re missing the pipe “|” character in between the selected Custom Registration Data Key and Custom Registration Data Value fields, in that Input field section on the Formatter action:
1d7d078bfb7746690d1285ad10fa2914.png

That will add a pipe character in between the question and answer values as per the guide Troy shared earlier. From there you’ll want to then add the Code step that’s mentioned in the guide. That Code step should help to get each question and answer parsed out into specific fields that you can select for the relevant fields in Salesforce to ensure that the field mapping is correct every time. 

Hope that helps. Do let us know if you run into any further trouble on this, happy to assist further! 🙂