Best answer

How to make Zaps instant?

• 23 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have made a Zap, but it is not instant. So I would have to manually make it update each time. How do I make it instant.
Details:
Connects Discord and Gmail

icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 December 2020, 12:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

FYI: Depending on your Zapier plan, Zaps that are NOT instant can take up to 15 minutes to trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lightner Discord triggers are not instant because they don’t use webhooks behind the scenes, they are called polling triggers. The polling frequency depends on your plan like Troy said.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Lightner! To add on to what @Troy Tessalone and @ikbelkirasan have said, here’s a little more detail about how Zaps trigger. 

There are two types of triggers:

1. Polling trigger: the majority of triggers are polling triggers. With a polling trigger, Zapier will check for new data from your trigger every 1 to 15 minutes in order to start your Zap, depending on your pricing plan.
  2. Instant trigger: with an instant trigger, your trigger app will send Zapier an instant notification whenever there's new data. Zaps with instant triggers are labeled Instant on your dashboard.

The Discord trigger is a polling trigger, which means that you won't see it trigger the Zap as soon as something happens in Discord. That doesn’t mean that you will need to manually update the Zap every time! You’ll just need to wait for the Zap to go and check Discord for any changes (which can be between 1 and 15 minutes depending on your plan). 

I hope that clears things up 🙂