Best answer

How to make Zapier send an email if value in row drops below number X?

It is pretty simple i belive but for what ever reason it is not working, well, i have the sheet that has a list of vehicels and their license exparation date, then i have a ROW that deducts that date with todays date and it is telling me how much days there is until the registration end, and all i want to do is that when a number comes under 15 (days) i need to send an email to my company email alerting us that registration for that vehicle is coming to an end

icon

Best answer by SamB 11 April 2024, 11:29

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jure Bencun 

Try adding a Filter as step 2 in the Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jure Bencun 

Alternatively you can use Airtable.

Airtable has Views, which are segments of data.

You can create a View that has Filter conditions.

Views can be used to trigger Zaps.

Also, Airtable has native automations.

Airtable Automations have a native integration with Gmail.

I am very new with all this and now it even more complicated to me.. haha sorry, can you be more specific if i may ask

Hi @Jure Bencun 

Try adding a Filter as step 2 in the Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

i tried this but i reach to this problem:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jure Bencun 

Set the value to only: 15

@Jure Bencun

Set the value to only: 15

i still get the same problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jure Bencun 

The Filter step warning is indicating the Filter would not have passed because the mapped variable value has no data, so the Filter condition was not met.

Post screenshots of the Zap trigger example you are using that shows the Row/ID.

Check that Row/ID in GSheets to see if that column has data.

ok im sending you this to prove that sheet is full
and another picture to how you what type of formula is used to get that number:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jure Bencun

Post screenshots of the Zap trigger Step 1 example you are using that shows the Row/ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jure Bencun 

The Zap trigger example will be shown in the “Test” section of Step 1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Jure Bencun! 👋

From your screenshot of the selected test record it looks as though the Row Number in the selected test record is 436. I couldn’t see row 436 pictured in your previous screenshots though. Can you take a look in the spreadsheet and confirm whether row 436 definitely has a value in column H (Registration Countdown)?

If it doesn’t, then you may want to try pulling in a new test record sample for a different row to double-check that the Zap is able to see the registration countdown value when there is one present in the row. 

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Thank you!! it is working now, i just added a number to the latest row and i got checked marks
now i need to buy premium zapier to make it work hehe
Thank you everybody for the help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! I’m so glad to hear it’s working now @Jure Bencun! 🎉🎉🎉 

Ah yes, with multi-step Zaps you’d need a paid Zapier plan. That said, it may be helpful to know that with paid Zapier plans tasks for apps like Filter don’t count towards your task usage. 🙂

Please do reach out in the Community again if there’s anything else we can help with. In the meantime, happy Zapping!