Question

How to make it so downloadable file name matches asset in Frame.io integration?

• 13 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello! I’ve created a zap between Frame.io and Monday.com where when a new asset is uploaded it creates an item in Monday. The link creation to the Frame asset is an H 264 downloadable video which is great, however when you click save as the file name is just h264_720 instead of the name of the asset. How do I make it so it will save with the files name? I’ve tried everything. Also, alternatively how can I make the link a downloadable review link from Frame itself? That would be ok too but none of the shortcuts matched. TIA!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @file naming q 

For us to have full context, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

The solution may end up involving the Monday API.

hopefully this helps. the first step in the zap is New Asset in Frame.io. Screenshots are the configuration of Monday.com New Item step, then how it shows up in Monday (all works great) but then when you save the asset the file name is “h264_720” instead of the name of the file. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@file naming q 

The link being set in the Monday Item Field is from Frame.io, so that app is dictating the internal file name being used when downloading.

That’s what I thought too, is there anyway to correct it though? Or replace the text with the correct name? I tried a few things but nothing works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@file naming q 

I recommend reaching out to Frame Support for possible guidance.

The solution may involved using the Frame.io API: https://developer.frame.io/api/reference/