Best answer

How to make automation work for incident response

• 5 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am working on creating an zap for incident response but I am very new to zapier layout and trying to understand. 

Long story short, I want to automate my slack message to a monday.com ticket. I use a website monitoring tool called status cake. I do have alerts/statuses sent to Slack but it includes the reason, status code, downtime duration and hyperlink to the website. However, on zapier that is shown as attachments. It is kind of hard to split the message to a monday.com ticket.

Any tips or tricks on incident response zapier triggers? templates? tutorial?

icon

Best answer by zappyTee 5 May 2023, 21:44

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @zappyTee,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, have you looked into our StatusCake integration? Here’s the link from our integrations page: https://zapier.com/apps/statuscake/integrations

Keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes I have but the options are not what i seek. I need A LOT options for when a site is down, status code alerts. There is literally only 4 events I can choose from and none are helpful.

I created my own instead by using formatting and the filter options to break apart the notification messages I receive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @zappyTee,

Awesome! Glad to know you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊