Best answer

how to make a zap to delete google sheet rows?

• 12 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

When an event occurs (in Kissflow) I want to make a zap which will delete a Google Sheet row that was created before by another zap.

It means: I create a Google Sheet row (through a zap) when a payment obligations arrives in my company.  And when that payment is complete/paid, I want to trigger a zap to delete the row previously created (payment obligation).

Thks for your advise!

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 29 May 2020, 13:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @agbi! Here’s one way I could see that working:

Trigger: KiSSFLOW — Change of Workflow Step (that’s the only trigger offered)
Action: Google Sheets — Find Spreadsheet Row
Action: Google Sheets — Delete Spreadsheet Row (for the row, you use Custom Value and map the ID of the row you found in the previous action)

If this isn’t clear enough, please let me know and I can elaborate on it for you :)

Userlevel 1

HI Nick,

Thanks a lot for your reply.  I will try to do it myself.  If I do not success, I will be back to your kind offer!.

I will look for about Custom Value.

thks

I’m doing something similar (though the triggering part is Google Calender) but I’m not able to actually delete the row. ‘Google Sheets — Delete Spreadsheet Row’ -action just clears the content on the row and leaves it empty. Is there a way to actually delete the whole row from the sheet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Yogi 

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to delete a Google Sheet row with Zapier, as you’ve seen, the only thing you can do is clear it out/blank it.

Userlevel 1

Thks!