Best answer

How to make a More App task from Google sheet?

• 17 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I have a form on Moreapp that I want to simi fill with the information I have from a google sheet and start it as a task for a certain user.

I tried to use the key-values but it would not fill in the task.

icon

Best answer by Ali AlSarraji 23 April 2024, 12:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ali AlSarraji, welcome to the Community! 👋 

Can you share a screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of that Create Task (MoreApp) action? I’d like to take a look at that to see if there’s anything on the setup that might be preventing the task from being filled out as expected.

Additionally if you’re seeing any errors in the Zap history can you also share a screenshot showing the full error message? We’re unable to access your Zaps or Zap History, so screenshots will be super helpful to us in helping to troubleshoot this with you. That said, please remember to remove or hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from the screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you!

Hello @SamB, thank you for the warm welcome.

This is the Task order that I have with the data that is entered for the task creation:

I don’t have a Zaps History Because I haven’t published it. But sometimes I get this error:

In the testing I have some dummy information from a sheet that is being used to make sure that the filter is working correctly. and then this information is entered into the MoreApp Task creation. When tested the information shows like:

but doesn’t show up in the form.

If there are anymore needed information please feel free to ask.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me on this, @Ali AlSarraji!

Hmm, the Enter data as field has been set to Key-value, so you’d likely need to enter the field’s key rather than it’s label name. Looking at the API documentation for MoreApp it appears that it expects Camel Case to be used for the key: 
8fb0ae389ec8236bf384ed3ee45e6773.png

So instead of using Phone and Customer Name, try using phone and customerName as the key values here:
136c016134c902e6675e71d29bd4c3d6.png

Can you give that a try and let me know if that then allows the customer details to be added to the task correctly?

Thank you for the information provided @SamB . With it I was able to find how to get it to work.

The way that the names of the fields in the keys do indeed need to be written in a specific way following the formula in the the API documentation for MoreApp. With this Information I knew what I was supposed to look for. 

The names that show up in the form that I am using might not be the right keys. So I looking into MoreApp and found them. They can be found following the steps:

1. Entering MoreApp’ Form editing page.
2. Opening the properties of the field that we want to know the key to.
3. Clicking the “Advanced mode” check box in the bottom of the Properties page.
4. Under the Properties title of the tab a line titled “Data name:” will have the correct key to that field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s fantastic news, @Ali AlSarraji. Really pleased it’s working now! 😁

Thanks so much for sharing details of how to find the correct key values in MoreApp. These instructions will be super helpful to other folks experiencing the same issue, and stumble across this thread!

Sounds like you’re all set for the moment but please do reach out again if there’s anything else we can help with. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡