Question

How to load updated data for existing record in Salesforce when testing?

• 11 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi folks,

I update a record on Salesforce to test it on my zap, but looks like even after update it, the record is old on the test trigger, so I'm not able to get the right data. How can I force the refresh of my test data in the "Test trigger section"?. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @brunoquaresmacoder 

Here’s a help article about how to change the trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Hi @brunoquaresmacoder 

Here’s a help article about how to change the trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Hi Troy, I read it and does not help too much. The thing is, I can't user another record to test, because of business reasons, so I would like to update the record instead of use another one. I see it was pulled 5 days ago… is there a way to revalidate the cache or the data for this record somehow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brunoquaresmacoder

Can you confirm you tried click in the [Load More] button?

Another alternative is to try to duplicate the Zap.

@Troy Tessalone  Yes, but when I click on "load more" it loads more records but does not update the old ones:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brunoquaresmacoder 

If you updated an existing record that would not be considered a New Record which you are using for your Zap trigger.

I got it, but the data is get from salesforce right? So I would expect to see the record updated but maybe I'm not understanding the tool.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brunoquaresmacoder

If you’re expecting to see an updated record, then you’d need to use a different Zap trigger:

1. New Record
  2. Updated Record
  3. Updated Field on Record

A Salesforce object record can only be created/new once, but can be updated many times.

Maybe I didn't explain correctly, sorry. I want to execute an action when there is a new record, however, in the tests - test trigger config - the value is not the one that I would like to use, it is outdated. But it seems it is not possible to do that once Zapier pulled the result 5 days ago and there is no way to clear this cache I guess.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brunoquaresmacoder 

For the Salesforce New Record Zap trigger, that will return the data when the record was created.

If you have since updated the same record with updated data, then that will no longer be considered a New Record, rather an Updated Record, and you’d need to use the Salesforce Updated Record Zap trigger, OR create a New Record with the desired data point value.