Skip to main content
Question

How to link up Google email and ChatGpt to reply email to sender?

• 4 July 2024
  • 6 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi All

I would like to create an auto-reply for emails with the subject: Job Application Form. The reason is that I frequently receive many emails asking to check the application status and inform me that the application form has been submitted. Due to this, I would like to integrate ChatGPT to automatically reply to the sender based on the email content.

I have tried to zap start from gmail-zap- chatgpt -zap- gmail, seem like not work . please see my setting as below and let me know which step is wrong ?

1. Gmail -  only action when the email is new incoming email under email subject : Job Application Form from INBOX and without generate auto reply email. Please check below setting it is correct?
  1. ChatGpt - May i know what we should select for EVENT ? Is it i Write an email] , Conversation] , Conversation with Assistance] or other else?
  2. Gmail - use the chatgpt reply to sender .

3. select c send email in Gmail] under eTO] , Did i select correctly? 

5.  e Body Type] → Plain

6. > Body] → What should we enter in this section 

7. Hope to hear from you soon 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @EKOH,

It looks like your trigger is correct since you only want for the Zap to trigger on specific subject. Regarding your ChatGPT step, you can use either “Write an Email” or the “Conversation in ChatGPT” step.

Additionally, I found this amazing YouTube video tutorial similar to your workflow here: 

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @EKOH 👋

Just wanted to check in to see how things are going on this. Were you able to set up the desired workflow between Gmail and ChatGPT, following Ken’s suggestions and that video tutorial for reference?

Keen to ensure you’re all set here so please do let us know if you need any further assistance at all! 

Hi SamB 

Thank you for the following up.

For the last zap - Gmail , the created content by GPT is in draft in the mail box , can you help to set the flow is it can auto reply to the sender after GPT created the  content ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @EKOH,

Could you please send an updated Zap setup so that we can guide you on how to set it up? Please ensure that you capture all of the fields on the screenshot.

Thank you!

Hi Ken

Thank you for the reply.

Enclosed herewith the step that i created the zap flow from Gmail → ChatGpt→ Gmail.

May need your help to check the step and setting is it correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @EKOH,

I apologize for the delayed response.

I'm unable to open the attachment you sent as it's showing an error when I try to access it. If you have any concerns about your setup, I recommend testing the Zap while it's published to observe the full Zap in action and make any necessary adjustments to your setup.

Hopefully, this helps.