Best answer

How to limit Zapier tasks when updating 'last contacted' property in HubSpot?

• 9 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Good morning all,

i use zapier with the hubspot integration.

my zaps work good,  but i exceed the tasks.

my goal is to: everytime a specif property is updated in hubspot update it in another hubspot account.

For 3 properties no problem , the task are not so  many, but for the property last contacted, which save all the updates of a sent email to the contact, it can be possible that one contact have a conversation with 20 email, so 20 task and it’s easily to exceed the limit.

is there a way to set as trigger only one time the property has been updated? and not everytime?

thanks for answeing

deborah

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 February 2024, 17:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @deborah30 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

yes sorry.

i hope this is cleares.

thanks

deborah

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@deborah30 

You would have to add additional logic to track that the Zap has already run for a Contact.

You may be able to do that in HubSpot with a workflow, or as Zap step to update the Contact.

Then you could add a Filter as Step 2 in the Zap to check that HubSpot Contact field value.

The Zap trigger is instant and fired by HubSpot each time there is a property change.

Userlevel 1

many thanks Troy for your suggestion.

thanks

deborah

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @deborah30! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗