Best answer

How to know if a task is not being used within a Zap and is redundant

• 18 April 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a large Zap within many tasks contained within.  I believe there are a lot of redundant tasks contained within the Zap but unsure which tasks are in fact redundant. Is there a way to map or find out if a task is being referenced or used later within the Zap other than having to manually check each and every subsequent task?

For example, I have several “Formatter by Zapier” tasks high up in the process of my Zap but don’t believe that all of these tasks are later needed within my Zap and therefore, can be removed. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 18 April 2024, 21:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @joxner 

If you try to move a Zap step (up/down) that breaks dynamic variable mappings between steps you’ll get a warning.

Otherwise, there isn’t a great way to see the variable data schema across Zap steps.

• If you reorder a step or path and place that step after another that uses its information, you’ll see an alert asking you to update mapped fields, as these will no longer be available after the move.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/9528974130957-Reorder-or-duplicate-action-steps-and-paths#h_01HFQ1KSHG1DW846Z3QTCNCKWY