Question

How to keep shift details in tables and run accordingly on weekly basis?

• 5 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I want to refer the Zapier tables for the shift-person and their corresponding number as well as keep a shift(weekly) where the shift changes based on day 

Created two tables - one for assigning numbers zap one and another for defining the shifts zap two

How do I connect them and use it in my zaps by calling the initials assigned (to get the corresponding number) in each shift?
Just need to have a clear picture on how the workflow goes as I wanted to use API in zapier tables to update and delete existing records as well. Let me know the workaround for this.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jojin 

For us to have more context, it would be helpful if you outlined specific examples with the data you are trying to use and how you are trying to use that data in the automations.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 
Two tables  - zap for numbers and zap for shift
zap for numbers is where I’ll be storing numbers for the persons(as initials) in shift schedule.
zap for shift is where I have 5 week schedule, each person is denoted by their initials.
The way it should work is when I call zap for shift after code by zapier (which runs to fetch the week and week day), it should be returning the value as initials and its assigned number from zap for numbers by filtering the week and week day from code by zapier.
How will be the workflow in this case?
Hope the context is clear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jojin 

Can you post screenshots with how the Zapier Tables are configured to give us more context?

Can you outline a specific example for us with the INPUT and the expected OUTPUT?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone 

Here are some screenshots for reference.

Sample current setup for weekly shift.

This is the setup(above) we are using to assign values based on week (filter using code by zapier). This zap is running each day based on week number. Calling get multiple values from this particular storage by zapier, we could fetch the assigned values of that particular shift.

Zap for numbers

Like mentioned, zap for numbers stored for each initials (sample data)

Zap for shift

zap for shift has reference for these initials for each shift.

Now I need to replace my existing setup to directly fetch shift member from zap for shift ( gets the initials) and auto-fill their values from zap for numbers,avoiding the use of storage by zapier. Also keep in mind I usually update the zap for shift depending upon availability of people( this has to reflect in real-time).

Inputs for this are the initials in zap for shift and the expected output is getting the values for each initials by the particular shift times.

How do I do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jojin 

Have you reviewed and tried using the available Zap triggers/actions for Zapier Tables?

https://zapier.com/apps/zapier-tables/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone 

Of course, I tried them(Find records). But it seems the values from one table won't be available even if I refer the key (initials)to the next table.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jojin 

Can you post screenshots with how your Zapier Tables steps are configured to give us context?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone 
Based on shared context,  How can i configure this setup?