Best answer

How to iterate when 123formbuilder detects a new response?

• 15 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

When a new submit from 123formbuilder is detected, I want to check a specific checkbox and generate a text file in AWS S3 for the number of times checked.
I want to generate text files for a specific number of times by checking them with if statements while looping.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 February 2024, 17:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Murinhardt 

Try using these apps in the Zap steps:

Filter: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Looping: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for reply!

For example, suppose you have received a SUBMIT from 123formbuilder with the following items.

----------------------------------
Name-Sample name
Favorite food - Chocolate
Favorite food - ice cream

Then I want to use a loop to create two text files like this
How should I set this up?

name-sample name
Favorite food - chocolate

name-sample name
Favorite food - ice cream

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Murinhardt 

We would need to see screenshots with how the data is returned from the 123formbuilder Zap trigger step.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

This is the submissiondata that can be checked in the zap of the 123formbuilder that triggers it.

I want to check the values of Field 111904917 0 to Field 111904917 6 in this image and create a text file with the number of yeses

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Murinhardt 

If there will always be 7 options, then try using the Looping (Create Loop from Text) app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Add a Filter within the Loop to only continue an iteration when conditions are met.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Thank you!

I understand that I should use the filter.
However, this time I want to loop 7 times even if a text file is created with always 7 choices and a YES choice in the middle.

If so, how do I register this in Filter zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Murinhardt 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Looping (Create Loop from Text) step is configured.

All 7 values should be mapped into 1 field separated by a comma.

Using this example…

If you only want to process the “yes”, then the Filter would check the output from the Looping step would be checked as the Filter condition to only continue when the value = “yes”.

So it would create 4 files.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Thank you so much!
We were able to accomplish what we wanted to do using the information you gave us!
I learned a lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This thread is amazing! Big thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!  🎉

If you have any other questions @Murinhardt, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗