Best answer

How to import customers and product purchases from Squarespace store (& Stripe) into ConvertKit?

• 13 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all :)

I’d like to get customer info and which product they purchased on Squarespace into ConvertKit and tag them with the product name.

I’ve been researching this and the easiest way to do this is to pay for the Squarespace Advanced Commerce plan coz then you can use the API with ConvertKit. But since it’s almost double the price of the Basic Commerce plan I wanted to see if there was another way.

Reading this post I thought I could just integrate Stripe and ConvertKit but no luck. :( Stripe just records a payment and the description says “Charge for <email address>” :

Reading some other posts I guess other possibilities including parsing emails from Squarespace via a Zap? Squarespace suggested exporting all orders into an csv… but is there any way to automate that? Coz I’d like to trigger an email sequence in ConvertKit when they purchase.

Thanks if you can help, no worries if not!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 14 October 2022, 14:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @IdaTheVA 👋🏻

Have you tried using the Stripe Checkout Session Completed action? That has details of the user and products that they bought. Would that work for you in this case?

If not, you can absolutely use an app like Email Parser by Zapier to pull out the details from a Striped notification email. 

For the CSV, it’s not possible to automatically download the csv, but once you have it there are a couple of ways you could use it in Zapier to trigger an email sequence in ConvertKit. 

Let us know if the Checkout Session Completed action works for you and if not, we can dig into the other options :)  

Userlevel 1

Thanks for that suggestion!! The Checkout Session Completed definitely had the product name. But so far I’m not able to find the user’s email in that action. :( I’m gonna keep looking into the test results of some of those Stripe actions to see what I can figure out. Do you think it would be possible to grab the email from the Payment action and the product name from the Checkout Session Completed? I don’t know if one would be a trigger and the other an action somehow?

At this point it’s more of an exercise (coz I’m still curious :) as I decided to spend money on the Advanced Commerce Plan and it did integrate well and fairly quickly, easily with ConvertKit!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Heya @IdaTheVA! Thanks for getting back to us.

Interesting! If an email was entered at checkout it should be coming through with the “Checkout Session Completed” Stripe trigger.

I know this may seem silly but is it possible to run a test transaction, ensuring the customer email has been entered, and then retest the trigger with the new sample?

Otherwise as Danvers mentioned Email Parser is definitely an option! 

Keep us posted! 🙂