Best answer

How to identify the contact in HubSpot using an email address for DocuSign envelope completion?

• 3 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I want to update some contact info in Hubspot when a new DocuSign envelope is completed. i understand that I need a step to ID the correct contact in Hubspot. I have the “Find Contact in HubSpot” in as this step, and I think the best way to identify that contact would be their email address. 

I’ve seen other posts indicating that I should choose “Contact information: Email” as the First search property name. But I’m not seeing that as an option in my zap.

I do see: Contact Information: Additional email addresses, and Contact Information: Member email.  But as would be expected, these don’t get me the contact by email address.

WHY would I not be seeing “Contact information: Email” as an option? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 August 2023, 22:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bethannon 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

You can narrow down the list of available data points to search for an email address by just “email”.

Userlevel 1

Yes, when I narrow down the list, I see “additional emails” and “member emails” but not just “Email”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bethannon 

Try scrolling the list of options.

Userlevel 1

Yes, I have done this. I do see a few other email related fields – but they are like "email confirmed" (for memberships), Email domain, invalid email address, etc.  

I have created quite a few zaps before – this is not my first rodeo – I really have looked through and I'm not seeing "Contact Information: Email". You would think that when searching that this would be the first thing to show at the top, but what I see is:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bethannon 

Try removing the word “email” and scrolling all the way towards the bottom.

Or you can use the ‘Custom’ option and set this value: email

Userlevel 1

OMG. That was really buried, and I have no idea why Zapier’s search for this wasn’t finding it!

Thanks, Troy! Really appreciate your help!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone

I’m facing the same problem to bethannon. In my case, I want to update  some contact info in HubSpot when a certain new subscription is completed in Stripe.

I did the two things you posted to this post, but “Contact information: Email” didn’t appear...Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Userlevel 1

I realized I can fix this problem simply using “Create or Update Contact in HubSpot” action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry we missed your replies here previously @issues! Glad to hear you were able to solve things using HubSpot’s Create or Update Contact action, nice work on that! 🙌

And thanks so much for coming back here to share your solution, it’s much appreciated. Please do reach back out to the Community again if you have any further issues or questions at all. Until then, happy Zapping! ⚡