Best answer

How to have an automated order of names in Monday.com

• 18 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, Everyone! 

I’m new to Zap and have been doing my research on how to solve my question. But, I’m not able to find the answer. I want to automate my Item name on Monday.com by order. My trigger is when a new file/video was uploaded to a folder then it will be added to Monday.com as “Video 1”.

I run the zap and it worked. But, when I uploaded 2 or more videos, they ended up having the same item name. I already tried adding delay action when it fetched the most recent item name from Monday.com but it still gives me the same result.

If anyone has been able to solve this, I would appreciate it if you can share how you fixed it. 

Thank you so much.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 19 August 2023, 01:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TomSelf 

Good question.

Some things to try…

The Step named ‘Delay’ is actually a webhook app step.

Try using the Delay (After Queue) option.

You may also want to use the Storage app instead of making a Monday API request.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for answering, Troy! 

So, should I apply the delay right after it fetches the latest item name from Monday.com?

Also, Am I going to need to create a new Zap for Storage app?

Userlevel 1

Thank you for answering, Troy! 

So, should I apply the delay right after it fetches the latest item name from Monday.com?

Also, Am I going to need to create a new Zap for Storage app?

I just tried the Storage App instead of Monday API. But there’s another issue that showed. The item name created was this. 

This is the actions that I made for Storage.

Userlevel 1

My bad, Troy! I did not read carefully your reply and focused on the Storage app. I did what you said by using increment from storage by 1 and it works now! Thank you so much, Troy! 🙌

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Cool! I’m glad Troy was able to point you in the right direction @TomSelf!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hello, Everyone! I just encountered a new issue. My zap is not triggering. I uploaded a video to the folder and it’s not triggering for the file.

(The file is newly uploaded and not modified within the folder. I am also using my Drive.)

Been with the articles and none fixed the issue. When I try to manually pick the item from the trigger, I don’t see any issue and the trigger is working perfectly. But, if I try to run it manually this is the result.

Thank you! -Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @TomSelf,

I hope you're doing well. To ensure better organization and clarity for our community members, I've relocated your reply from yesterday to a dedicated topic titled:

Additionally, I've included the suggestions provided by our Support Team into the new topic.

Thanks!