Question

How to have a mail with some conditional content

• 18 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’ve a Zap where I check for new response of a google forms. I want to send a mail(amongst other things) when an user submit this form. 

In my google response sheet, I will have 7-8 yes/no answer. I would like to be able to say: If the user answered yes, then add this content to the mail, if not, don’t do it. And I need to do it for those 7-8 answers, so I don’t want to have to create each possible combination manually, because it would make a lot of different path.

Is there a way, in zapier email(or gmail or ...) to build dynamically the content of the mails, based on the checkbox of my form?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jaytonic 

Good question.

Some options to explore…

1. Code step in the Zap to handle the dynamic content logic: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help
  2. Some sort of GSheet ARRAYFORMULA to do the dynamic content logic in a new field: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093275?hl=en
Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @Jaytonic 

The best way I suggest to do this is using Zapier for checking conditions and email service provider like ActiveCampaign to send the email based on that condition.

Create a Form Response Trigger in the zap,create two paths one for Condition is True and another Condition is False.

Create rules in the path step based on the form response.

Now in each path,add an action step of ActiveCampaign Create or Update Contact and add different tags to each contact based on the conditions you have.

Once this is done,inside ActiveCampaign create two automations with the Contact Tags as Triggers and send different emails based on the tags.

This way in future, you can send one email but that will show different content to them based on their tags as ActiveCampaign supports Conditional Content Blocks

Hello @Jaytonic 

The best way I suggest to do this is using Zapier for checking conditions and email service provider like ActiveCampaign to send the email based on that condition.

Create a Form Response Trigger in the zap,create two paths one for Condition is True and another Condition is False.

Create rules in the path step based on the form response.

Now in each path,add an action step of ActiveCampaign Create or Update Contact and add different tags to each contact based on the conditions you have.

Once this is done,inside ActiveCampaign create two automations with the Contact Tags as Triggers and send different emails based on the tags.

This way in future, you can send one email but that will show different content to them based on their tags as ActiveCampaign supports Conditional Content Blocks

I understand, but I've 8 options, so it makes 256 possible emails variation. I hope there is a better way, because if I want to change one text, I don't want to change it in the 128 variations it is present,and I'm not even speaking of adding a 9th option