Question

How to get Zapier to send automatic emails to the team when ticket is assigned to an agent?

• 12 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi there! I am using HelpDesk that uses Zapier as an integration.  We have a team of four agents.  We have it set up so when a new ticket is created, everybody gets an email.  I am trying to set it up so when a ticket is assigned to an agent, the team will receive an email that says “Ticket #x is assigned to so-and-so”

Tried everything I could on HelpDesk’s side.  Now trying to see if there’s a solution with the Zapier integration. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @L-Dog 

Good question.

Available HelpDesk Zap triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/helpdesk/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Which app would send the email?

Outlook is the email app we use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@L-Dog 

Try using this Zap trigger:

Yes, I’m currently working on that trigger.  There’s a lot of variables within the trigger, especially since I am using a trial that contains features that will not be included in the plan we’re going with. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @L-Dog . where are you getting stuck? If you can share a printscreen (with any personal details blurred!) we can help see where you have trouble, usually outlook allows to select a variable that would give allow you put ticket details within an Outlook message.

Thanks! 

Rachael