Question

How to get the label of an account in Dynamics 365 and not the id ?

• 21 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello there,

I’m trying to post new messages in Teams with information on opportunities available in Dynamics 365.

The connection is active between these two apps. However, I have 2 unsolved issues : 
- I only retrieve an id for the account in Dynamics
- I only retrieve an id for the salesperson linked to the account in Dynamics

The question is when an opportunity is closed in Dynamics 365 CRM, how to retrieve the account name using the account ID

Thanks for the tip

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @Etienne1200. Welcome to the Community! 😁

Ah, yes it looks as though the Opportunity Updated trigger for the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM app only supplies the ID for the company or contact. 

There are search actions available to find an account or contact but those can only search for an account/contact by name/email address, not by ID. I did some further digging and found that we’ve got an existing feature request open for the ability to have the names as well as the IDs for accounts and contacts supplied by the Opportunity Updated trigger. So I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that feature request. While I can’t give any sort of timeline or estimate as to when that feature request might get implemented by we’ll be sure to let you know if it is!

In the meantime, if the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM API supports searching via ID, then you might be able to use the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM API Request (Beta) action for this instead. I’m not super familiar with their API but it appears that you need to reference their Query data using the Web API documentation to setup the requests to search for the relevant account and contact names. It’s a bit more tricky than setting up a standard Zap action but if that’s something you’d be interested in, please check out our Set up an API request action guide for more details.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you have any questions or run into further issues do let us know!