Question

How to get monday.com board and Google Sheets to update in both directions?

• 16 February 2024
  • 3 replies

We have a monday.com board and a google sheet that I need to mirror each other - we have some of the team working in monday.com and making updates there, while others are working in the google sheet and updating there. Is there an easy way to create a zap that will update any and all changes in both directions? I was able to create a zap to get the google sheet updated when any changes are made on the monday.com board, but do not seem to be able to successfully create the reverse scenario where changes in the google sheet can update the monday.com board. I’m hoping someone can help simplify this for me!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @admin_sdmp 

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495908569613-Does-Zapier-support-two-way-syncing

Does Zapier support two-way syncing?

No. Zapier does not support two-way syncing between apps right now. Think of Zaps like one-way workflows.

In certain scenarios, you can fake two-way syncing by setting up two different Zaps that perform opposite actions. For instance, you could have one Zap that creates a new spreadsheet row for every new contact created and another that creates a new contact for every new spreadsheet row.

miscEye icon Note

Be careful not to create a Zap Loop. Learn how to avoid Zap loops.

@Troy Tessalone thank you - I did see that a two-way sync wasn’t possible, so I was trying to create 2 separate zaps - I successfully created one to get monday.com to update on the google sheet - just can't seem to get the google sheet changes to update the monday.com board. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@admin_sdmp 

Trying to sync the same data may result in an infinite loop.

Learn how to avoid Zap loops