Skip to main content

Hi community,

I´m repeating this subject cause I coud not realize if there is a solution for it, and the topic has been closed for new comments.

I am aware of the workaround of using Delay.  But...

I totally agree with  @Woo at SpotOn , when asking what is the purpose of such attribute value in the Looping App.

Do I ever run the risk of my post-filter ‘summary logging’ steps missing data from some of the loop’s other iterations because these post-filter steps starting to do their thing for the last iteration before such other loop iterations were completed? If there is some risk of this happening, then, functionally, what is even the point of the Looping by Zapier app producing attribute values for the iterations such as “Loop Iteration Is Last”?”  

So, I´d like to ask the community if  there is new update about this issue.

Thanks

Hi @Gui Gonçalves 

Guide for how to do sequential looping iterations:

Hi @Gui Gonçalves 

Guide for how to do sequential looping iterations:

Hello @Troy Tessalone . 

Thank you very much for the support.

But, I just did a proof of concept and did not reached the goal.

i.e.  the sequence was not preserved, when I just read a CSV file and populated a Zapier table.

My Test Zap was very simple. 

Here is the spreadsheet used as a CSV;

Here is the Zap steps:

Follow the “Configure” for each step:

And finally, the Zapier table just populated:

As we can see, the records in the new table did not follow the sequence of the input file.

So, I think the delay steps were not enough to maintain the order in which the records were written.

@Gui Gonçalves 

Try this…

Use a UNIX timestamp instead of NOW in step 6.

{{zap_meta_timestamp}}

Help: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/insert-the-time-your-zap-runs-into-a-field

In the Zapier Table, change the Timestamp field type to Text or add another Text field to save the UNIX Timestamp.

Make sure to sort the Zapier Table by the UNIX timestamp field.

@Gui Gonçalves 

Otherwise, you’ll have to explore creating a looping Zap (different form using the Looping Zap app).

Related concept:

@Troy Tessalone I included the Unix Timestamp.

But the behavior wasthe same:

As you said, using the alternative looping by app (doing row by row and posting a webhook at the end of each row) can work.  But,in this case, the number of tasks will increase a lot, since each line will be computed as a zap.

@Gui Gonçalves 

You can try adding a longer Delay (For).

e.g. 1 Minute instead of fractions of a minute.

OR

You can try using Delay (After Queue) instead of Delay (For).

@Troy Tessalone , using a 1 minute delay works fine.

But is not the best scenario.  Anyway, I am doing other things in my project, so I can handle such situation.

For now, thank you very much for your support.

Perhaps in the future Zapier may release new features to make this easier.

Let´s wait 

Hi @Gui Gonçalves 👋

Glad to hear that setting the delay to 1 minute works. That said, as having it set to 1 minute isn’t ideal I’ve added your vote to an existing feature request for loop items to be processed in the order they are provided, instead of being run simultaneously. The original thread for that feature request can be found here:

I can’t give any sort of ETA as to when you can expect that feature request to be implemented by but we’ll definitely be in touch via email once it is! 🙂

For anyone that comes across this and wants their vote added to the feature request too please reach out on to the main topic for it here and we’ll get that sorted.