Best answer

How to Find new Salesforce opportunity using the same reference ID from FastSpring

• 31 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi
We use FastSpring for our subscription business. Each time there’s a new subscription a FastSpring account ID is created.

I’m using the FastSpring ID to reference/find/trigger the workflows. Each time there’s a new subscription the FastSpring ID creates an opportunity in Salesforce and populates a custom field in Salesforce with the FastSpring ID.

When there’s a renewal, I use that same FastSpring ID to find the original Salesforce Opportunity to create the renewal opportunity.

The issue I’m having is when a customer upgrades their subscription a new Salesforce Opportunity is created with a new dollar amount. For instance, the original Opportunity was for $5 but then they upgraded and now the new opportunity is for $10. Creating a new Opportunity for a total of two Opportunities. The original for $5 and the upgraded for $10

The workflow is set up to find the original Opportunity ($5) and create a renewal from it. This would be fine if the person didn’t upgrade. Since they upgraded from $5 to $10, the renewal Opportunity should be finding the new upgraded Opportunity ($10) and creating the renewal from there.

This isn’t happening. How can I add to my current renewal workflow (or create a new one) that finds the upgraded opportunity ($10) and creates the renewal from that?

Thank you 😁

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 31 August 2022, 22:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @OM22 

Good question.

Sounds like the original Salesforce Opportunity should be marked as “Closed” when a new Opportunity is created.

Then you should be able to use a Salesforce Find Record by Query Zap action step to search for the new “Open” Opportunity.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Thanks a bunch, I’m going to give it a try. Fingers crossed… of course if this is the answer, I’ll be sure to “mark as best answer.”

Thank you 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @OM22! I wanted to pop in and see if you were able to get this squared away using @Troy Tessalone’s recommendations? 🤗

Keep us posted - we’d love to know!