Best answer

How to find all line items associated with deal record in HubSpot

• 27 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I am trying to find all the line items on a deal record in Hubspot so that I can then add to a sales order in Zoho Inventory.

My first challenge: how do I find all of the line items on a deal record? I see the option for looping (https://zapier.com/help/create/other-functions/loop-your-zap-actions) but first, I cannot see how to get all the line items from a deal record. When I look at the fields available for a deal record, I do not see an association with the line items for a deal.

As an example, I’ve attached a screenshot of the line items in a test deal in Hubspot.

After I find the line items, I believe I can then loop (although I have not yet figured out how to do so).

Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by mbczap 5 October 2022, 15:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mbczap 

Good question.

Try using this Zap action: HubSpot - Find Associations

OR

You may have to use the HubSpot API for more advanced querying, such as retrieving line items for a Deal.

App APIs can be used in Zaps with the Webhooks app as an action step.

@Troy Tessalone thanks for the tip!

With Find Associations, I was able to at least get the line item IDs from the deal per screenshot.

My next challenge is how to then obtain the details of each line item, eg name, price, etc.

When I try to use either Find Line Item or Get Line Item as an action, I run into this error message below. I am looking into developers.hubspot.com/scopes.

Failed to find a line_item in HubSpot

This app hasn't been granted all required scopes to make this call. Read more about required scopes here: https://developers.hubspot.com/scopes. errors: One or more of the following scopes are required.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mbczap 

May be related to these…

About the HubSpot Integration

• Admin/owner permissions: Requires administrator permissions to connect to Zapier.
  • Paid/versioned account: Some Hubspot Trigger/Actions are now only available for customers on paid plans with Hubspot. These include New COS Blog Article, New Calendar Task, New Get COS Blog Authors, New COS Blog List, Create Calendar Task, Email Opens and Create COS Blog Post. Details on their pricing and plans can be found here.
  • Partner's documentation: More information can be found here.

Correct screenshot

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mbczap!

Have you taken a look at any of the suggestions that Troy shared? The error message mentions not having the required ‘scopes’ so I would start with looking at the permissions in HubSpot, you can learn about which permissions are needed in this help guide.

Let us know how you get on! :) 

@Danvers thanks for checking in! I resolved by just adding a new connection to the same Hubspot account.

The flow that now works is attached.