Best answer

How to find a row in middle of rows in Smartsheet?

• 1 November 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Certified Zapier Expert
  • 6 replies

Hi guys,

does anyone know a way how to find a row in a middle of rows in Smartsheet?

I need to find and insert data into this report when I don't know the ID. Zapier only allows to add a row to the buttom and top or by ID. I need to look up the right "general requirements", find the right subcontractor name and paste to the buttom my data.

Screenshot 2019-11-01 15.31.09.png

icon

Best answer by Danvers 4 November 2019, 11:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Just looked at the current Smartsheet app and it doesn't seem to provide any search steps. The Smartsheet API does support searching through sheets though. https://smartsheet-platform.github.io/api-docs/?javascript#search-sheet

So, it looks like you need to develop a custom Zapier app that provides search capability then you will be able to retrieve the row ID from the search results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes its possible with a custom Zapier App, but you might be able to do it with a simple webhook: https://smartsheet-platform.github.io/api-docs/?javascript#authentication-and-access-tokens suggests that you don't need the full oauth 2.0 workflow for the authentication, thus a simple webhook could get the information you need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Vera! Thanks for the great question 🙂

We do have a feature request open for this addition to the SmartSheets Zapier integration and we're in the process of working with SmartSheets to see if it will be possible to add this. I've added you to the feature request, which means that we'll drop you an email if it does become a reality.

In the meantime, it looks like you have some great workarounds above!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Danvers Awesome and thanks for adding me into the future request.

Userlevel 2

@Danvers If we'd like to follow along on this feature request, is there a way for us to view it or follow for any updates?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@EJones Hello, and yes. You my submit your feature request by sending us an email to contact@zapier.com with details about the feature request you are looking to receive updates about. We will add your request to our wish list and inform you when there's new updates.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks,

Just wanted to share that it’s now possible to search for an existing row using a query with the Smartsheet app on Zapier! 🎉
35c5877f95dfab33cc5e6935f498d616.png

Please note: This action was added using a beta feature known as Custom Actions, which you can see referenced in the name of the action.

Please do give that new “Find sheet Row” search action a try and let us know if you run into any issues with it. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡