Best answer

How to find a contact's ID number in Active Campaign

• 16 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Automation: Create a Deal when a jotform submission is complete

Problem: Contact ID - Contact Does Not Exist.

Already created an automation prior to this to create a contact when the form is submitted, but am unsure what to put for Contact ID Field. Pulling the Contact Name from Jotform (which exists in AC due to first automation) keeps giving error that contact does not exist? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 May 2021, 17:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DaveSch 

If you don’t already have the AC Contact ID, then try adding an AC Find Contact action step to the Zap to get the AC Contact ID that can then be mapped into the following step for the Contact field.

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

Yes I actually tried this too, but still unable to get it to work - that’s my current process

Userlevel 1

The app returned "The provided contact does not exist." on our step 4 automation to create deal. 

Step 3 automation below is successful, but am wondering, what is meant to be put in the step 4 automation (create deal) for the field of CONTACT ID - is it an email, full name, ID1766 (which i assume is unique to this customer only meaning that if I put 1766, it would label all future submissions as this customer?

Userlevel 1

Oh my gosh, sorry guys. I realised there was a contact ID field I Could extract from the Find Contact Step - had a brain fried moment.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DaveSch 

FYI: You won’t need the Find Contact step if you are using the Create/Update Contact step as that will return the AC Contact ID for a found/updated contact or a created contact, thus saving yourself 1 step and 1 task.