How to fetch older tweets from Twitter with Zapier?

• 27 July 2023
  • 1 reply

In my current setup, I am utilizing Zapier to fetch tweets from Twitter and save them into a database. However, I'm facing an issue where only the most recent tweets are being accessed, and I also want to retrieve older tweets based on specific search mentions.

My question is whether it is possible to apply a date filter to access tweets starting from a specific date. If this is not feasible, I would like to know if there's an alternative solution to retrieve older tweets based on my search mentions.

I sincerely appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter.

Ankur Linkly, Backend Developer

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Divyanshu,

At the moment, Zaps are designed to focus on new and incoming data, and won't automatically process data that existed before the Zap was turned on. You can learn more about this in our help guide.

So, unfortunately, any data created before you switched on your Zap won't be automatically pulled in.

However, if you can export your existing data into a spreadsheet or CSV file. You can then use a separate Zap to "import" this data. We've got a great guide with step-by-step visuals to help you set this up. You can check it out here.

Regarding Twitter, it's important to note that due to Twitter's API limitations, our integration can't fetch tweets older than a week. The Twitter Search API, which we use in Zapier, only allows access to tweets from the last 7 days. This is a restriction set by Twitter itself and isn't something we can change in Zapier. Also, if the Tweet was posted by a private account, Zapier won't be able to capture it.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊