Best answer

How to extract data from Facebook conversions?

• 25 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, is there a way to capture / extract the data from Events Manager (data source) in Facebook Ads Manager?

My intention is to create a report which includes the numbers of Initiate checkout and add to cart. 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 26 July 2023, 12:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @UserJQ,

Before we dive deeper into this, I have a quick question about your workflow. Are you aiming to trigger events in Facebook similar to the "Send Event" action in Facebook Conversions? If so, we do have an open feature request for Facebook Conversions to trigger on new events. Please let me know if you’d like to get added to that feature request.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi there @UserJQ,

Before we dive deeper into this, I have a quick question about your workflow. Are you aiming to trigger events in Facebook similar to the "Send Event" action in Facebook Conversions? If so, we do have an open feature request for Facebook Conversions to trigger on new events. Please let me know if you’d like to get added to that feature request.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi @ken.a,

Thanks for the reply.

What I want to achieve is to extract the total number of these events each day and input this data into our Google Sheets report. At present, every morning, I manually update the report with the previous day's total event count.

There are two ways of automation that I have in mind:

• Set a trigger whenever a new event occurs, thereby updating the total event count. This trigger would initiate a zap that updates the corresponding row in the Google Sheets report.
  • Schedule an automation process to run every morning at 11am. This zap would fetch the total number of events from the previous day and then update the corresponding row in the Google Sheets report.

It seems like the open feature request might meet what I need for the automation, how can I request for the open feature into my zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @UserJQ,

Thank you for the clarification.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but currently, the "New Event" trigger for Facebook Conversions isn't available. This means the workflow you're aiming for can't be set up right now. We understand this might be disappointing, and we appreciate your understanding.

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request for “New Event” trigger for Facebook Conversions. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.