Best answer

How to export a single row to pdf document

• 3 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I have an excel spreadsheet which contains data submitted from 3 different jotforms. Is there a way I can use Zapier and any external apps to create a PDF document from a template, and export data from one row into that PDF? Please note I dont want to export the entire spreadsheet.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 February 2023, 15:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Intelife Forms,

Welcome to the Community! You could try using an app like pdfFiller (or a similar app) to generate the PDF using the information from Jotform. It has an action called Create Filled Document which could potentially work well for this.

Alternatively, you could use something like the Create Document from Template (Google Docs) action. That would allow you to create a new document (from a template) and populate it with information from the Jotform forms. When that action runs it would output a link to the PDF version of the Google Document in the application/pdf field.

Hope that helps to get you started! 🙂

Hey @SamB 

Thank you 😀

I have started a free trial of pdfFiller and am testing it out. I have added the word document in as a template and as a normal document, however when I go to Zapier and select Create Filled Document, it doesn’t come up as a base document (please see attached)

Is there another place to upload the document in for it to show up?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me @Intelife Forms! 🙂

Hmm, that’s odd. Does the “Risk Assessment Summary Template” template have any fields added to it?

If the template doesn’t have any fields, can you try the following:

1. Add the fields you want to have filled out it to the template in PDFfiller.
  2. Once that’s done, save the template.
  3. Then go back to the Zap and see if you’re then able to load the template.

If it already has fields in the template, can you try:

1. Adding a new field to the template in PDFfiller.
  2. Save the template.
  3. Remove the new field that was added.
  4. Save the template again.
  5. Go back to the Zap to see if the template then appears.

Can you give the above steps a try, as appropriate, and let us know if that then allows you to select the template as the Base Document?

Looking forward to hearing how this goes!

If the template doesn’t have any fields, can you try the following:

1. Add the fields you want to have filled out it to the template in PDFfiller.
  2. Once that’s done, save the template.
  3. Then go back to the Zap and see if you’re then able to load the template.

@SamB That worked perfectly! I thought I could add text fields but couldn’t figure out how to add fillable text fields, which was located on the right hand side.

Thank you very much for your help. 😁

Regards,