Best answer

How to exchange data between Zaps

• 27 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

i am working on an onboarding process. When a onboarding calendly call is created, there will be g-drive folders created etc. 

On the end i create a channel with customer name (took the data out of the calendly meeting name) and send a message in this channel.

In other zaps, i also want to send notification to specific channels. 

For Example:

in another zap i create an asana project out of a template after a google event. When the project is created, i want to send a notification in the specific customer channel. 

Is there a way to store such data as customer name + channel id etc?

How can I send the information from my first zap to my second zap?

do I have to use airtable or something?

Thank you much. 

icon

Best answer by Brem 27 March 2023, 20:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @yefpie 

Good question.

You will probably want to use the concept of a lookup table:

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @yefpie 

Could you kindly send a screenshot of how you set up the Zap? This would allow me to check further.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Userlevel 1

This is my first Zap where I create the Slack Channel. I got the name for the Slack Channel out of the Calendly Session Name. 

Here is my 2nd Zap, where the Project is created. In this Zap I want to find the customer name some how. I thought it would be work, when I can 

And then a separte Zap. In this one I grap a recorded Zoom Session and want to upload it to the customer folder. 

I think i really have to use a lookup table or maybe some kind of CRM to get the needed information. 

Thank you both. 

i will check and come back with feedback

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @yefpie 

I read your original post. You mentioned you want to store data such as customer name and channel ID, you may want to consider using Google Sheets.

Here are helpful links for Google Sheets:

Or the Lookup Table that Troy mentioned.

Hopefully, this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Userlevel 1

Thank you much. I use a google sheet now and it works. Mayn thanks for the fast help

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @yefpie 

You’re welcome! I’m glad to hear that I was able to help you!