Best answer

How to embed a Loom video link and thumbnail into a Zap email written in HTML

• 12 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I would like to embed a Loom video (with GIF Thumbnail) in an email series. 

Basically, I am taking the embed from Loom and adding it in my Zap but the outcome comes as large blank square:

<div style="position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%; height: 0;"><iframe src="https://www.loom.com/embed/xxx" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%;"></iframe></div>

Any sense of what I should be coding in addition?

Thank you!

Diane

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 12 July 2022, 19:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@didou54 

Most email providers will not load iframe. 

If you copy the GIF thumbnail code instead of the embed code that will get you the structure needed to link to the video.. Though there still may not be an image associated with the link since Loom animated thumbnails are actually MP4s. The closest i could get in testing was a descriptive title and a static image thumbnail embedded. 

Thank you for taking the time. 
Much appreciated. 

Any suggestion on a workaround? Is there a better tool than Loom to acheive the same? Maybe Vimeo?
Sending those manually is very painful, yet I need the GIF to attract attention on the video….

All suggestions and lateral thinking welcome!

Diane