Question

How to edit QuickBooks Online invoice line items based on products using Zapier?

• 2 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have integration in place between Shopify and Quickbooks Online. Whenever an Order is placed in Shopify, it is automatically pushed to QBO.

Now, I am trying to using Zapier to edit this invoice once received from Shopify to QBO. So what I want is to create a Zap that once an invoice is created in QBO, the following to happen:

1. Check the products in the invoice

2. if product A is in the invoice: add line item X and item Y. Of course if 3 products are in the invoice, the qty of items X and Y should change accordingly.

3. if item B is in the invoice: add line item Y and Z. Same as above.

4. if both products are added, then add items based on the products in the invoice

is this possible or am I dreaming?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@hamooz Yes, it is possible to build a zap but this will involve zapiers code step to solve the complexity of the condition

Do you have the steps on how to do it? I need to create it

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@hamooz yes, I can help you with it. Let’s connect

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @hamooz, welcome to the Community! 👋

I just wanted to pop in here to also recommend checking out the Paths by Zapier app (available on Professional or higher plans). It would allow you to set up the desired conditional logic and carry out different actions (like adding certain line items to the invoice) based on whether or not those specific conditions are met. That said, you can also achieve a similar result using Filter by Zapier (available on any paid plan), but you’d need to set up multiple Zaps, rather than using a single Zap with multiple paths.

You can learn more about using paths and filters here:

If you do go down the route of using a Code by Zapier action, with help from @communitymember, we’d really appreciate it if you and could pop back in here to share details of the code used. That way the rest of the Community can also benefit from the solution you implemented.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂