Question

How to download Embedded Link, then put in Sheets

• 22 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi Guys,

I’m trying to download my Solar PV info from my inverter, then have it zap into a spreadsheet for tracking and analysis.

Unfortunately the download is embedded as a link within the email body (per below) - 

So, how do I - 

• 1. Have Zapier Save the file from the download link (happy to setup most appropriate email account and redirect email as needed)
  • 2. Once downloaded, add the single line of data to a new google sheet/excel spreadsheet.

Thanks.

Blake

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @blakezapzapzap,

I think what you are trying to achieve is really nicely explained here. It would involve some python script but it seems doable for me since you just have to copy and paste. Let me know if this solves your problem. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @blakezapzapzap - I think you may actually be able to get this by doing the following:

1. Upon receiving the email (Trigger)
  2. Use a formatter step with Extract URL and get the download link from the text
  3. Then use a webhook and perform a simple GET request with the extracted URL (no auth needed, I think)
  4. You should then have the file you need to send

Hope this helps!