Question

How to delete Google Calendar event based on attendance?

• 21 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

I would like to detect events that are declined invitations in Google Calendar from Gmail and delete them automatically.

I think the test action is working, but the event is not actually deleted.

Can you please tell me how to fix this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ryo Kobiyama 

Good question.

The Zap step shows a success.

Check the DATA OUT tab.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Greetings @Ryo Kobiyama - thanks for coming by with your question! Along with Troy’s advice to check the Data out, I have two additional suggestions because your setup does look correct to me. One, I would be sure to check that the event referenced in the Zap definitely wasn’t deleted when you tested the Zap.

Secondly, if the test worked but the Zap didn’t work when it’s live, you could take a peek at your Zap history to see if the Zap is working as it should or running into an error.

Let me know if either of those work and hope your get your Zap working as expected soon! 

Best- Rachael

Hi Troy Tessalone,
Thank you for your advice. Here is the date out tab.

Hi Rachael S,
Thank you for following up with Troy.

One, I would be sure to check that the event referenced in the Zap definitely wasn’t deleted when you tested the Zap.

→Yes, the event wasn’t deleted.

Secondly, if the test worked but the Zap didn’t work when it’s live, you could take a peek at your Zap history to see if the Zap is working as it should or running into an error.

→It looks fine as the screenshot that is my first post. But on the date out section, there is 404 code so maybe it is the cause?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Ryo Kobiyama! 👋

That’s very odd, I wonder if the event ID is incorrect. Is it getting the event ID from the Gmail trigger? If so, maybe it’s the email ID not the event ID that’s been selected.

To confirm it’s the correct event ID, I’d suggest temporarily adding a Find Event (Google Calendar) search action to the Zap. You would set it up to look for the event that should have been deleted. And when you test it, it should output the ID for the event in the id field.

If the event ID it outputs matches the ID that’s provided by the Google Sheet action then it’s the correct ID. But if it doesn’t match, then the Google Sheet doesn’t have the correct ID for the event. And that would explain why the Delete Event action isn’t the deleting the event as expected here.

Can you try adding that Find Event action to the Zap and let us know what ID it gives for the event that should have been deleted? You can remove it from the Zap once you’ve confirmed whether the event ID is correct. Looking forward to your reply!