Best answer

How to create WordPress post using block editor instead of classic editor in Zapier?

• 7 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all, 

I am using 3 steps to make automation:
1. create new google doc while receiving gmail
2. new document in folder in google docs
3. Create post in wordpress

may I learn how to set "Create Post in Wordpress" using block editor instead of classic editor? as I need to delete some coding or symbol like"*" while this automation runs.

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 November 2023, 15:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Kriswuhk, welcome to the Community! 👋

I’ve been looking into this and it seems that the WordPress API doesn’t actually have the ability to select the block editor when creating a post. The options currently available for their “Create a Post” endpoint can be viewed here: https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/reference/posts/#create-a-post

Yo’d need to reach out to our Support team to have a feature request submitted for the ability to select the block editor format when creating posts. That said, as the WordPress API doesn't support this feature yet we’d need this to be implemented in the WordPress API first before we could add that functionality to the WordPress app on Zapier.

So I’d recommend also reaching out to the WordPress Support team, and submitting a feature request for the ability to be able to choose which editor (classic/HTML) to create a post with when using their API. 

Really wish I had a more immediate solution to suggest here. Please keep us in the loop on how you get on with their Support team. And do let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your kindly reply SamB, I will try to reach WordPress first!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are very welcome, @Kriswuhk. 🤗 Hopefully they’ll be able to add that functionality to their API soon! 🤞