Best answer

How to create WooCommerce users from Salesforce Lead to Account Conversion?

• 15 August 2023
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We will be obtaining leads from various places. When our sales people go through the vetting process of our leads , and determine they are to be converted to Account. That trigger we would like it to take those details in Salesfoce and create a new user account on the ecomm site , thus sending them a welcome message to click a link to define their username & password of choice. Double opt in. 

icon

Best answer by BenBen25 16 August 2023, 21:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BenBen25 

Good question.

Did you mean Customers instead of Users?

The WooCommerce Zap app and API don’t have endpoints for Users:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes I mean customers. I have configured my Trigger in SalesForce but I cannot seem to locate the object for (Lead is qualified to convert) = yes , that should trigger the customer setup which i have configured in my zap 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’d like my trigger to be when lead status is marked as Qualified , create customer account in Woocommerce with all the Customer info prepopulated from saleforce . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BenBen25 

Which Zap trigger are you trying to use?

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Pictures of Trigger and Action settings 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello @Troy Tessalone I posted my response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BenBen25 

Did you test the Zap trigger step to pull thru real data to use to configure your Zap steps?

You would need to map the correct dynamic variables between Zap steps.

For example, the Email field expects an email address value.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It’s going to be variable data. Each time this runs it will be a different first name different last name 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BenBen25 

For example, the ID variable from step 1 is dynamic and the value will change each time the Zap Runs.

You need to map the correct/appropriate dynamic variable from a previous Zap step.

The Email field expects a valid email address value, otherwise the Zap step will result in an error.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

And how would I obtain the correct/appropriate dynamic variable from a previous Zap step?

where can I say keep session info? 

My wish list for christmas. 

Trigger : Lead is converrted to Account in salesforce {keeps session data} : action : {create customer in woo and fire off welcome email} Automation Complete , put shoes on desk and collect paycheck. 

Am I doing this the right way? or are there better tools for this need? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

How is this information “Mapped” in the Zap tool? i’ve literally gone as deep into the steps as you can go without being specific to an email. Can you use something like [{user:emailaddress.}] type of code ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BenBen25 

Can you show screenshots of the returned data points from Salesforce after testing Step 1?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I figured out why I wasnt able to add any objects in my Woo side of the Zap. 

On the saleforce side I needed to select “when a new contact is created” NOT “when a contact is updated/changed” 

Once I selected that , it opened up all the options for me to enter field mapping. 

NEW CONTACT = NEW CUSTOMER 

not New account , or update contact or update account …. CONTACT is the specifics that allows this whole thing to work. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for circling back here to share your solution, @BenBen25! It’s much appreciated and I’m sure it will help a lot of folks out there also facing the same issue. 🤗

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@SamB and @Troy Tessalone  What I have figured out is that the Zap Creates a customer account in WooCommerce / WP . 

What I would like to do but there is a limitation in the software at this moment is create 

a wholesale customer account, not a customer account, not a user account. A wholesale customer account. 

Any suggestions on submitting a feature product variance request? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @BenBen25! 👋

I did some checking on this internally but couldn’t find any existing feature request for the ability to specifically create wholesale customer accounts. So I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team about this, they’ll be able to open up a feature request on your behalf. You can can contact them via the form here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hope that helps! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I submitted the Feature PVR. Also renewed my subscription to Zaps so now that I’ve made the investment, i’m looking forward to the features. (in due time) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s great to hear, @BenBen25! 😁

If you run into any further questions or issues in the meantime please do reach out in Community again - we’re always here and happy to help!