Best answer

How to create Slack notifications based on Notion database item's status?

• 30 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a “Bugs” database that we store all our bugs. I want to create a slack message when a bug’s priority is set to “Very high”. 

Is this possible to have a trigger based on the item’s status or any other conditions on the database’s properties?

icon

Best answer by SamB 24 July 2023, 17:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @yonia!

It’s not currently possible to trigger a Zap from an updated item in Notion, sorry about that. We do have a feature request open for that addition and I've added you as another vote for that. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

We’ll also update this Community post when we have some news. 

Thanks!

Plus one for me as well. :) Would also love an email once this feature has been added. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @ccarames 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request and we’ll send an email once this feature is available. Thanks!

+1. Need that feature! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @DataZP - thanks for letting us know! I’ve got your vote added to that feature request. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey friends! 👋

Just wanted to hop in here with a belated update to confirm that there is now a Updated Database Item trigger for Notion. 🎉

Please note that the trigger only works on Updated Database Items. It will not trigger on New Database Items, you will need to use the “New Database Item“ trigger for those.

If you've not tested out that new trigger for the Notion app yet please do give it a try and reach out in the Community if you run into any issues. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡