Question

How to create invoice with line items and Zapier Loop?

• 5 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello, 

I am trying to create an invoice from WooCommerce Line Items. This is what I created so far: 

1. Trigger ist: Line Itema in a New WooCommerce Order
  2. Zapier Loop: Create Loop From Line Items in Looping by Zapier
  3. Invoice app: Find/Create new products (from the previous step with “Zapier Looping”

After stept 3 I don’t know how to create a new order with those line items.

What’s the best solution? Do I have to use Zapier Digest? And if yes, how? 

Thanks for help, 
Michael

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @michael291 

Which invoice app are you trying to use?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @Troy Tessalone , it is Bexio (https://bexio.com). 

M.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Troy Tessalone This is the step in Zapier, where the invoice will be created… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@michael291 

If you use the Zap trigger: WooCommerce - Line Item in an Order

Then that will trigger once per Line Item, so you wouldn’t need the Looping step.

You’ll want to use the Zap trigger: WooCommerce - Order

That should include all the line items for 1 Order.

You can then use the Looping app to iterate thru each line item to find/create in Bexio.

Looping run each loop in parallel, so you’ll want to add a Delay step after the Looping step.

Then you can use either Storage app to set 3 values needed for Bexio line items:

• Name/ID/Code
  • Quantity
  • Price

You’ll need to find/create + update to comma delimit the values in Storage.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

sorry for the late response. I followed your instructions. Is this procedure correct? 

1. Trigger: “New WooCommerce Order” (instead of Line Items Order)
  2. Zapier Loop: “Create Loop From Line Items” in Looping by Zapier (Product Name, SKU, Price, Quantity)
  3. Delay (i.e. for 1 min)
  4. Bexio Invoice app: Find/Create new products (from the previous step with “Zapier Looping”: But how? -→ I don’t know how to create multiple products with Zapier Loop?
  5. Next step: “Set Multiple Values” in Storage (Product Name, SKU, Price, Quantity). Right?
  6. But I don’t know what is exactly the next step before creating the invoice in the Bexio Invoice app. Do I split the values in the Loop? How do I get the stored values from Zapier Storage into the invoice?  

Could you please help me? 

Thanks Troy, 
Michael