Question

How to create an unsubscribe button for Google Sheet-based email workflows?

• 25 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I use google sheets to feed new lead email addresses into a welcome set of emails that come every few days. If the client gets back to me I want to take their email address out of the next set of emails that would come, but deleting them from my google sheet doesn’t work. Is there a button they can click to no longer receive the emails?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @deannaleigh1979 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured?

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Sure thing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@deannaleigh1979 

You would need to add a GSheet Lookup Row step after each Delay to check the Row data again to then follow that with a Filter step.

A better approach would be to use Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has Views, which are segments of data in a Table. (sort, filter, etc.)

When records enter Airtable Views, that can trigger Airtable Automations/Zaps.

Airtable Automations have a native integration with Outlook.

So you would configure separate Views with Filter conditions for each of the email you want to send.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

You might even be able to automate the part where their reply deletes their row from the Google Sheet (or updates the row or updates the Airtable row)