Best answer

How to create an attribute in a product on Woocommerce where the attribute option value is made up of more than one word

• 2 July 2023
  • 1 reply

I am using Woocommerce for Zapier. I am trying to add an attribute to a product where the attribute value is made up of more than one word.

I can add the attribute but the value splits into multiple options.

The above example works and creates the options

Case(12)

Case(24)

Case(18)

but I when I set the options as Case (12), Case (24), Case (18)

the options created are

Case

(12)

Case 

(24)

Case 

(18)

I have tried converting to Line Items. I have tried using all sorts of brackets and speech marks but can’t work it out.

I see a few other people have posted this question but haven’t seen an answer yet.

icon

Best answer by SamB 3 July 2023, 11:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jenmev, welcome to the Community!

Hmm, I’ve been looking into this and found that this behaviour is the result of a bug with the WooCommerce app. I don’t have any ETA on when it will be fixed. But I’ve added you to the list of affected users so we’ll send you an email notification as soon a it’s been resolved.

In the meantime, I did some testing on this end and it looks like if you convert the space character into it’s HTML entity ( ) it then creates the options correctly:
661064f8b912285fea8745adf8299dc4.png

To have the space characters converted into   automatically you’ll want to try using a Formatter (Text > Replace) action and set it the Find and Replace fields up like this:

3bc0b7160a8cac020b16e21bf2734d39.png
Then in your WooCommerce action you’d select the Output field from the Formatter action: 
9af1a162250a6b11d646e3e2b87b7055.png

Can you give that a workaround try and let us know if that does the trick?