Skip to main content
Question

How to create a Zap to send reminder emails for rental license expiring in 45 days?

• 5 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

I have a property work for a management company with 120 units.  I need help on creating a zap to do the below task to make things easier on the company.

We have a google spreadsheet with 120 rows, Column A has the property address and column C has the date of expiration for the rental license, column D has the landlords email address.  I need a zap that can examine column C everyday to see if a rental license is going to expire in exactly 45 days no more no less.  If the zap finds there's a date in column C that is 45 days away, I would like a gmail sent only to that landlord in column D matching the property/expiration date saying something like this “hello, this is a reminder that your rental license for (insert property address from column A and whatever row aligns with what zap pulled from column C) on (insert the expiration date from column C) I have CC’d the inspector on here who can preform an inspection and renew the license.  Please let me know how you would like to proceed and I can coordinate with the tenant if it's occupied.  Thank you”

I can't figure out how to build this and would appreciate any help, thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ceit 

I recommend using Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has specific field types. (e.g. Date, Email, Dropdown, etc.)

Airtable has Views, which are segments of data. (sort, filter, group, show/hide fields, reorder fields)

Airtable has native Automations.

Airtable Automations have a native integration with Gmail.

The idea would be to create a View with Filter conditions where Date is in 45 days AND Email exists, etc.

Use the View as the Airtable Automation trigger.

@Troy Tessalone thank you for this.  I have uploaded my google sheets doc to airtable.  Can you walk me through the zap steps to create what I want with airtable now included?  Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ceit 

Info about Airtable Views: https://support.airtable.com/docs/getting-started-with-airtable-views

Info about Airtable Automations: https://support.airtable.com/docs/getting-started-with-airtable-automations

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ceit, welcome to the Community! 🎉

Just wanted to check in here to see how you’re getting on with Troy’s recommendation here?

Happy to help if you need any further assistance at all 🙂