Skip to main content
Question

How to create a Zap that updates all Airtable fields related to a record via Airtable form?

• 19 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I am creating a database that tracks all of our projects and their characteristics (client, location, project type, etc.). All of these projects are identified by project number. All information is input into the Airtable by the project manager of the given project via an Airtable form.

The problem is that some o this information changes and needs to be updated. The form is to be filled out again at major milestones. Ideally, when a new form is submitted, the zap should be able to locate the project number, see if it already exists in the table, and if it does update all corresponding records related to the project number (overriding the old inputs). The way it’s functioning right now, a new form creates a new line with the same project number, which is not good. The goal is to have no repeating project numbers.

I am aware that this can probably be done through Airtable automations but I am on a free account and do not have that option. Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hannahessman 

Good question.

Perhaps look into using Fillout, it’s an app that integrates directly with Airtable.

It can be configured to update existing records.